During the 2015-16 school year, West Leadership Academy will enroll students in grades 6-12.
All Denver students are eligible to enroll in West Leadership Academy, with enrollment priority being given to students within the West Shared boundary. There are no admissions tests or assessments required for students to enroll at the academy, and families need only to fill out the standard Denver Public School SchoolChoice application to enroll at WLA.
SchoolChoice Round 2 for the 2015-16 school year is now open!
WHO should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice form?
- Students who missed Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school for the 2015-16 school year
- Students who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 form
- If your family moved to Denver after February 1, 2013 from outside the DPS boundary, please contact us at 720-423-3493 or email@example.com to inquire about the New Denver Resident SchoolChoice form.
Please note: If your student was waitlisted at a school in Round 1, do NOT submit a Round 2 form to that school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s list.
WHAT do I need to do to participate in Round 2?
- Current DPS students must complete a Round 2 SchoolChoice form. Please read and fill out the form in its entirety.
- Students currently enrolled in a non-DPS school must complete a Round 2 SchoolChoice form, as well as provide the student’s birth certificate and proof of residency. Please read and fill out the form in its entirety.
WHERE do I submit my form?
- A Round 2 form should be submitted in person directly to the requested school.
- A separate SchoolChoice form must be submitted to each school requested. There is no limit to the number of schools to which a Round 2 form is submitted.
- Forms received by mail, fax or e-mail will not be processed.
WHEN can I submit my form?
- Round 2 forms may be submitted until August 28, 2015.
HOW does the second round SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my child’s status?
- Round 2 SchoolChoice forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no lottery involved. If the school has available space for the 2015-16 school year at the time you submit your form, your student will be approved to enroll next year. If a waitlist exists, the student will be added to the end of the list.
- Round 2 notification is immediate. The school to which you submit your form should inform you if there is space available or if your student will be placed on a waitlist.