September 20th, 2019
Unit 2 Test!
Over the last two weeks Mr. Stroh has been collecting data about his Exploring Computer Science students. He wonders…
- Does the amount of time students spend on their phones during class affect their grades?
- Does the number of classes students miss (number of absences) affect their grades?
- Click here to download the data.
- You may have to click ‘Enable Editing’ in order to work with the data.
- Sort the data in column A in order to answer the first research question.
- Make a summary table with 3 categories:
- The average grade of the students who don’t use their phones in class (0 minutes).
- The average grade of the students who use their phones 5-10 minutes.
- The average grade of the students who use their phones 15 minutes or more.
- Graph the data to compare the three groups.
In order to answer the second research question, switch to Sheet 2 (you’ll find a copy of the data). The three categories for the second summary table and graph should be…
- The average grade of students who didn’t miss any classes.
- The average grade of the students who missed one class.
- The average grade of the students who missed two or more classes.